Odysea Organic Greek Olive Oil – 500ml
Odysea Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Superior Category olive oil obtained directly from olives and solely by mechanical means.
Produced with Koroneiki olives from groves in the Chania region on the island of Crete, an area acclaimed for the production of superior extra virgin olive oil. This area borders the Aegean sea and offers an ideal micro climate to nurture olive growth.Olives are harvested with care and the oil is cold-extracted within hours of harvesting to ensure the natural flavour & high nutritional values of the fruit remain. A medium strength olive oil with notes of grass and a pleasant peppery finish.
Suitable for Vegans.
Some Facts About Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Greece is the third largest producer of olive oil in the world. The majority of olive oil produced in Greece is extra virgin olive oil.
The Greeks consume more olive oil per person than any other country in the world. The areas of Kalamata and Western Crete are said to produce the best olive oil in the world.
How do you tell if you have a good oil?
There are a number of factors which can help determine the quality of olive oil. The lower the acidity the better the olive oil. This is because a lower level of acidity means there are less of the unwanted free fatty acids.
The colour of an olive oil will differ depending on the variety of the olive pressed, the geographic surroundings where the olives are grown and various other factors.
What makes our Olive Oil Special
- The oil is cold extracted within hours to ensure the natural flavour and nutritional values remain
- High in monounsaturated fat
- Intensely herbaceous, with aromas of leaves, stalks, flowers, citrus & nuts
- Tasting notes : rocket and watercress, sweeter tones, green bananas, touch of tomatoes
- Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) from groves in the Chania region on the island of Crete
- Our groves border the Aegean sea and offers an ideal micro climate to nurture olive growth