Gorgonzola & Coppa Pizza
Without doubt two of our best sellers in the shop are gorgonzola dolce and Tempus Charcuteries spiced coppa ham. Individually they are a taste sensation but paired together they take your taste buds to new, unimagined heights.
Here we have combined them to create a simple yet delicious pizza topping. We have a fool proof pizza dough recipie and instructions to make a tomato sauce that really packs a punch. If you are looking for more instant gratification why not try it on half a sour dough baguette with some shop bought sauce?
Lets take a closer look
Tempus Spiced Coppa
The coppa, or pork collar, is a cut synonymous with charcuterie the world over. Characterised by its golden ratio of lean muscle to fat (around 70:30) it has a deep, rich flavour and a wonderful texture. We add to this incredible cut a delicate blend of carefully sourced whole spices that we grind and blend in-house, including cardamom, cloves and cinnamon.
Meaning “sweet” in Italian, this soft, blue, buttery cheese is made with raw, whole cows milk. Partisan sources all their gorgonzola from one family in Lombardy and it really does have to be tasted to be believed!
Mozzarella di Bufala
No pizza is complete without mozzarella. It is thought that mozzarella takes its name from the verb mozzare, meaning ‘to cut’ referring to the way that the cheese makers cut each ball by hand from the large mass of stretchy curd formed when the cheese is immersed in hot water and kneaded by hand. Our mozzarella is made from 100% buffalo milk to provide a silky, soft texture and a delicate creaminess.
Homemade pizza sauce //
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 fat garlic clove, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 small bunch basil, finely chopped
Heat the oil in a saucepan over a low heat, then add the onion along with a generous pinch of salt. Fry gently for 12-15 mins or until the onion has softened and is turning translucent. Add the garlic and fry for a further min. Tip in the tomatoes and purée along with the bay, oregano and sugar. Bring to the boil and lower the heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 30-35 mins or until thickened and reduced. Season. For a really smooth sauce, blitz with a stick blender, otherwise leave as is.
Stir the basil into the sauce. The sauce will cover 4-6 large pizza bases. Keeps well in the fridge for 1 week or stored in a container in the freezer.
Our foolproof pizza dough //
- 2 tsps (7 g sachet) dried yeast
- 250 ml luke-warm water
- 400 g plain flour, plus extra to dust
- 2 tsps salt
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- Whisk yeast and water in a heatproof jug. Stand for 5 minutes or until frothy
- Place flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Pour in the yeast mixture and oil. Using your hands or a spatula, mix the dough until it comes together and is smooth. Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead briefly
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with cling wrap. Set aside in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes to an hour until it doubles in size
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently for another 5 minutes or until smooth. Divide dough and roll out pizza bases to desired size. Sprinkle a little flour on the bench before rolling to prevent dough from sticking. Your dough is now ready for your favourite pizza topping
Gorgonzola & Coppa Pizza
- Partisan pizza dough
- Partisan pizza sauce
- 100g of Tempus Spiced Coppa
- 100g of gorgonzola dolce
- 1 whole mozzarella di bufala, sliced
- 50g fresh rocket
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Flour or semolina to dust
1. Follow the recipie above to make some Partisan Pizza Dough & Partisan pizza sauce. Bring the dough up to room temperature. Heat your oven to 220C/200C fan/gas mark 7
2. Dust your baking sheets and work surface with flour or semolina for added crunch. Cut the dough into two and roll into pizza shapes , place on baking trays and leave to rise for 10 mins.
3. Spread two tbsp of sauce around the base, generously dolop on some Gorganzola, the slices of mozzarella and slices of Tempus Coppa ham. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes until the base is crisp and serve with a drizzle of olive oil and a handful of fresh rocket leaves.
Vegetarian? Why not substitute the coppa ham for some fresh figs or a few little mounds of Caramalised onion chutney. We love the Fine Cheese Co variety, it also tastes amazing on a pizza with slices of Golden Cross goats cheese. What is your go to pizza topping? We’d love to know, and if you make our pizza dont forget to tag us in any pics on instagram @partisandeli
I heard it on
Never miss another blog post of money off voucher again! Sign up to stay up to date with all our latest news, reviews and offers we have on here at Partisan Deli.
And don’t forgot to follow us on Facebook & Inatagram with the tag @partisandeli